Pictures accent content and add personality to your website. It can help your readers have a memorable sensory experience or cause them to leave your page as quick as they came. Images are an important part of your small business content marketing.
Here are some suggestions to optimize your images for search engines
Optimize your images for search engines:
- Place keywords in the image alt text, text around the image, image name, page title.
- The ideal format for imaging is jpg or png
- Expand on image with text.
- Do not embed text within image if in header or title space.
- Don’t overload your page with images.
- Utilize current, popular and dependable photo sharing hosting.
- Stimulate your reach by the use of keywords in alt text, ie a phrase or word that can be added as a quality in an HTML doc to tell viewers the contents or nature of an image.
- Separate SE accessible image folder;
- Re-loading images creates newness and keeps them fresh.
Optimize your images for social media:
- Use fantastic images which draws people in and gives them a reason to share.
- Make sure your images are 160×120 or 160×160 pixels, or resize them to that proportion.
- Try out animated GIFs, they have great appeal and get passed around!
Optimize your images for people:
- Choosing high-quality images that are clear that people can see the detail makes a big difference.
- Eyes are naturally drawn to faces, clean and clear without abstract ideas or images.
- Relevance: while images are not always the first thing visitors will see on a page, it can often be the reason they stay. Formatting text before/above your image Keep them relevant: It also gives visitors memorable associations to your content.
Where to find images online:
- Compfight – Image search tool.
- Picfindr – A free image search tool.
- Everystockphoto – Free images
- 123rf – Millions of images for low prices
- CreativeCommonSearch – Flickr search